When it comes to using products one should be very careful, not only can products be damaging to your hair but your entire body.With that said you should always pay attention to the ingredients that make up a product and do your research before committing to using a particular product.The products that you use on your body can impact your whole well being. Using chemical-based products can cause a lot of issue down the road, if you are exposed to too many chemicals it can damage your organs and can also lead to life threatening diseases. I urge everyone to start using organic products, high-quality ingredients are very beneficial because it nurtures the entire body and can also ward off many illnesses that your body is exposed to if continue to use chemical-based products.We have shared a few pointers why organic products are way healthier than chemical-based products.
- Some synthetic hair care products can be specifically formulated to target and manage hair problems that can result from bleaching or constant hair-coloring, making them a savior for significantly damaged hair.
- Most chemical-based hair products offer a short term solution to problems such as dryness and breakage, helping in the relief and management of these symptoms. The results however are short term and do not address underlying issues. Chemical based products may even cause further damage.
- Synthetic hair products are also often designed to aid in preventing heat damage which is caused by frequent use of hair straighteners or hairdryers.
- Isopropyl alcohol is found in a large range of hair products, particularly in hair colour rinses. It is a denaturant, meaning it changes the natural qualities of your hair, and inhalation of the vapour can actually cause headaches, nausea, dizziness and in some instances, vomiting. The long term health impacts are not known but are generally considered to be very concerning
- Colours, preservatives, stabilizers, fragrances, and thickeners are found in many products targeted to scalp care to prolong the shelf life of the product. These may be absorbed into the skin and can cause substantial irritation for sensitive types. Again, the long term health impacts are not known but are generally considered to be very concerning
- For relatively natural hair that has not been exposed to consistent coloring, synthetic products may cause more harm than good, and in some instances have led to toxicity in the nervous system and even cancer.